Senior Developer (leading to Development Manager)
My client is seeking to strengthen its Development team and is currently looking for suitable applicants for the below role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-growing Company; you will be involved in the delivery of innovative software at the cutting-edge of the industry.
Offering a friendly team and pleasant working conditions in a rural environment within easy reach of Reading and the M4 motorway.
The role is for a Senior developer to work on their bespoke LIMS application, working to enhance, extend and support new features, as well as work to increase overall functionality and reliability.
As a Senior Developer your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: -
• Involved in the full SDLC cycle of their bespoke system, a sophisticated and complex LIMS application, from design through to unit testing, using Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise with Team System.
• This is a challenging role that encompasses coding and pre-release testing of new enhancements and bug fixes to existing company products, as well as the architecture of new developments and taking a leading role in introducing new ideas, techniques and working practices.
• Some mentoring of the rest of the team in this regard will be part of the role, as will supporting the Development Manager in introducing such changes.
You will be a seasoned developer who is capable of working on your own initiative, the following skills are considered advantageous to the application.
• Several years’ experience of C# and proficiency at least to the level of C#5 including use of LINQ, unit testing and mocking frameworks, Windows Forms and ASP.Net, attributes and reflection.
• Familiarity with Visual Studio to at least 2015 level, and at least one source control system, preferably Team System.
• Experience designing and coding complex distributed desktop and web (preferably ASP.Net) applications.
• Good experience with .Net 4.5 or later.
• A firm understanding of object-oriented and test-driven software development.
• Experience with SQL programming for SQL Server and Oracle. Good experience with either one is a minimum requirement.
• Good problem-solving skills. Problem analysis and solution will be a core part of this role.
• Willingness and aptitude for writing clear, concise and efficient code.
• Competence with other current popular programming languages (e.g. Java).
• Scripting skills (e.g. Windows scripting, PowerShell) and experience with MS Build and MS Test or other equivalent tools.
• Experience writing Android applications.
• Experience working with, or implementing, laboratory data-management.
• A good understanding of laboratory testing practices.
Salary is negotiable on experience