Embedded Graduate Developer
A successful business, based in Ipswich, specialising in the field of bespoke application development on Desktop, Web, Embedded and Mobile platforms, my client enjoy an excellent reputation. Aided by access to some of the most cutting edge tech available the development and QA teams work with client’s industries such as Audio Solutions, Internet of Things, Wearable Devices, Smart Devices and Automotive.
As a software developer you will be responsible for delivering a project or a substantial part of a project within the team, the overall approach and design tools used being agreed with the lead architect or MD. Developments will require a disciplined approach and you will need to demonstrate excellent organisational skills in planning, documenting, forecasting task durations and keeping to agreed schedules. A good communicator, with the ability to see a project from a clients perspective so as to stimulate discussion with stakeholders and developers.
• Breaking down program requirements into their simplest elements and translating this logic into a programming language
• Clarifying what actions a program is intended to perform
• Devising possible solutions to anticipated problems
• Working as part of a team on a particular project and/or providing support to others on an occasional basis.
• Designing/running unit tests to check that output from a program works as intended
• The ability to handle and configure client consumer devices, development boards and reference designs used in the development process
• Reacting to problems and correcting a program as necessary
• Updating, repairing, modifying and developing existing software and applications
• Keeping up to date with trends in design tools to ensure the most effective and maintainable program designs are produced
• Supporting the QA team with issue investigation and test case planning
• Providing or supporting customer issue resolution
• Being focused and determined to produce only the very best results
• Adhering to a project’s schedule and raising any concerns in meeting deadlines promptly
• Ability and willingness to work unsupervised
• Have good communications skills and an excellent grasp of the English language
• Occasional working hours flexibility in order to meet crucial deadlines.
• Working with customers to develop and review customer requirements
• Designing or supporting the design of user interfaces
• Evaluating and increasing a programs effectiveness
• Adapting a program to new requirements, as necessary
• Writing detailed documentation covering the operation of a program as required
• Consulting manuals, periodicals and technical reports to learn new ways to develop programs and maintain existing skills and knowledge
• Ability and keenness to work with previously unfamiliar technologies
You should have strong academic skills with either a 1st or 2:1 classification degree or masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electronic Engineering. As important, is a real enthusiasm and passion for software development. As well as University projects, you are also likely to have produced your own personal projects that will demonstrate your abilities and creativity.
• Competitive salary
• Great Benefits
• Cutting Edge Tech
• Modern Offices
• Immediate Opportunities for Interview and Start
Salary is negotiable on experience