Team Leader – Ingredients Research
My client provides scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide. The practical application of technical excellence lies at the heart of all that they do and is supported by their industry-leading facilities, expertise and knowledge.
From analysis and testing and operational support to knowledge management, all their activities are built on an extensive programme of research and innovation steered by industry to ensure maximum commercial relevance.
My client now seeks someone to take on the mantle of Ingredients Research Team Leader within the Production and Processing Research (PPR) Department.
Acting as the Ingredients Research Team Leader, you will be required to oversee, plan, resource and execute a range of applied trials relating to ingredients research.
This will involve securing and management of work through internal facilities and personnel line management as well as coordinating workflow with external contractors and collaborators.
Duties will include (with a rough % of time spent on each duty):
• Working with clients and colleagues to identify new project opportunities (5%)
• Developing and maintaining effective relationships with clients and current and potential collaborators (5%)
• Preparing project proposals, identifying funding opportunities and securing funding (15%)
• Managing quality and pace of execution of projects (40%)
• Promoting the services of the department externally (5%)
• Identifying opportunities for business growth (15%)
• Developing own technical expertise appropriate to role (15%)
• Degree or equivalent in relevant subject
• Time management and financial awareness
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Project and resource management
• Technical knowledge of relevant food industries
• Broad knowledge of ingredients functionalities
• Expertise in chocolate technology desirable
• Comfortable in a client facing consultancy role
• Self-starter keen to make an impact and shape the role in consultation with the Head of Department.
Salary is negotiable on experience
This is an opportunity to join a Global Leader in the world of Food Safety and Quality, and work with a dynamic and growing team of food industry experts.
For more information and a confidential discussion, please contact Kieran Whittaker on the below: -
Tel: 0161 923 8174