Research Scientist- Assay Development and Screening; Job Reference 1802
My client, a rapidly expanding bio-pharmaceutical company, develop a novel class of medicines to treat cancers and other important diseases based on its proprietary bicyclic peptides product platform. They recently entered a Phase I/IIa clinical trial for the treatment of solid tumours in collaboration with CRUK. Through partnering in oncology and other disease areas with unmet medical need, my client aims to realize the full potential of the technology.
Headquartered in Cambridge, U.K., with U.S. operations in Boston, Massachusetts.
An exciting new FTC opportunity for a highly skilled Research Scientist has presented itself to join the Assay Development and Screening Team for a minimum of 6 months.
The successful candidate will enjoy a varied and rewarding role developing and running a range of in vitro assays to screen and characterize novel peptides identified by the platform. You will join an established and expanding biology team working across a variety of disease areas supporting both internal oncology and partnered programs. The role will report to the Team Leader Assay Biology.
• Assay development and implementation: to conceive, develop and optimize biochemical and cell-based assays to characterize the binding and function of bicyclic peptides and optimize for drug discovery applications
• Initiate, validate and implement assays as required for new projects across a diverse range of target classes, with a particular focus on enzyme targets
• Analyse and critically interpret functional assay data to characterize the mechanism of action of bicyclic peptides.
• Conceive, evaluate and implement new technologies to extend in-house assay capabilities
• To independently problem solve, troubleshoot and identify next steps
• Presenting and reporting
• To present the results of independently conducted research effectively in oral or written form to internal team and external partners, including conclusions and possible next steps
Rates negotiable on experience
Are you prepared to begin a new chapter in your career? If so, this could be the role for you! For more information and a confidential discussion, please contact Kieran Whittaker on: -
Tel: - 0161 923 8174
Email: - Kieran.firstname.lastname@example.org