Data Engineer - Machine Learning Specialist
My client is a fast-growing company based in Belgium and the premier provider of Risk-Based Monitoring and Data Quality Oversight solutions to Bio-Pharmaceutical and Medical Device organizations. Their products utilize advanced statistical algorithms to determine the quality of clinical trial data both during and following study execution. Their value lies in its powerful and timely ability to identify anomalous data and site errors allowing highly efficient site monitoring and a significant reduction in overall regulatory submission risk.
They are now seeking outstanding candidates with strong clinical data and analytics skills and a passion for delivery excellence, to help drive customer success and broad adoption of their solution.
As a member the R&D team in their Belgian offices, you will be in charge of developing, improving, documenting and maintaining (new) data mining algorithms for their Monitoring Platform (CMP), with a focus on Machine Learning. You will explore and use Machine Learning techniques to help create scalable solutions.
• Create, code and deploy new features.
• Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data preparation and analyses, model development, validation and implementation.
• work closely with stakeholders to optimize solutions.
• Be the Go-To Person for data collection and data analysis within the company, by analyzing data eco system you will propose innovative ways to leverage this data to deliver business value to our customers.
• Promote the company and increase its scientific visibility by participating at scientific conferences and publishing in scientific journals.
• Design, build and improve data mining/machine-learning algorithms
• Implement algorithms that can deliver data-exploration, decision support, recommendation systems, machine learning, etc.
• Collect, pre-process, clean and select the appropriate datasets.
• Understand and scope data needs, evaluate data quality, perform and criticize appropriate statistical analyses using software such as Python, MATLAB, R, TensorFlow etc.
• Interact closely with business counterparts to build innovative solutions.
• Search for opportunities to leverage our current data eco system and look for data acquisition opportunities to recommend innovative ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
• Learn about state-of-the-art ML methodologies and how they can be adapted and improved for industrial applications.
• Effectively communicate technical analyses and results.
• You are a forward thinker and have strong interest in other data related fields like Big data, NLP, AI.