Post Doc Upstream Scientist
My client is a leading biotechnology company developing novel drugs for the treatment of bacterial infections, to address the serious issue of increased antibiotic resistance worldwide. Due to current expansion they are currently hiring for a research upstream scientist to join the team, with a working knowledge and practical experience with cell cultures and cell banking.
Senior Upstream Fermentation Scientist – Biotechnology company based in Cambridge. Perfect first position in industry for a PHD with a strong focus on Microbial Fermentation, bioprocessing, Upstream etc. Expanding biotech conducting cutting edge research in antibiotic resistance Key focus on development in role. The line manager is keen to bring on a PHD candidate and focus on training and development.
1. Design, develop and optimise bacterial fermentation processes suitable for manufacturing.
2. Work with production methods such as shake flasks, 1L Glass bioreactors up to 15L scale stainless steel fermentation systems.
3. Ensure laboratory notebooks and/or Batch Manufacturing Records are completed and maintained according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
4. To form part of multidisciplinary teams working within all areas of the Process Development team, and provide results, data and progress to project leaders.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Fermentation Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Proven industry experience in developing and/or optimising methods for biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
2. Relevant PhD and extensive laboratory experience in a Life Science discipline such as Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering etc. as well as experience of working to a GMP biopharmaceutical environment.