Manufacturing Development Scientist
My Client has established a high quality DNA manufacturing platform technology, using an in vitro enzymatic process and has a role available for an experienced process development scientist in its expanding Manufacturing/CMC Development Group.
The successful applicant will play an important role in product specific development of dbDNATM manufacturing processes. This will involve working in a team focussed on establishing critical parameters and controls using design of experiments approach; industrial scale up and technical transfer of processes to third parties/GMP manufacturing organisations.
This new role presents an exciting opportunity, with the successful applicant being involved in a range of process development projects.
• A PhD level qualification in Biochemistry / Protein chemistry / Molecular Biology or equivalent industrial experience.
• In addition, experience of CMC/process development in a pharmaceutical setting?.
• Familiarity with standard bioprocessing techniques, such as chromatographic and filtration methods of separation.
• Familiarity with standard Molecular Biology techniques such as cloning, PCR, mutagenesis and in related specialised DNA characterisation techniques.
• Experience in keeping accurate and thorough records of laboratory experiments. In addition, experience of writing technical reports to a standard suitable for submission to regulatory authorities.
• Applicants must be reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated as well as having excellent communication skills and an ability to learn new techniques.
• The ability to work well in a team environment and balance workload demands is vital.