Research Technician Microbiology
My client is a leading pharmaceutical company focusing on developing live biotherapeutic products from the human gut microbiome. So far, my client has two clinical stage programmes in IBS and IBD as well as a strong pipeline of pre-clinical programmes in autoimmunity, inflammation, oncology and CNS disease.
Due to recent expansion, my client is looking for a Research Technician to provide microbiology support in performing characterisation of bacteria and preparing cultures for screening assays and preclinical studies.
Practical experience in microbiology lab techniques and aseptic techniques are essential.
Experience / Qualifications Required
• This position has a minimum requirement of a HND in microbiology, biochemistry, biology, or biomedical sciences or relevant experience
• Competency in a variety of microbiological laboratory techniques
• Experience with bacterial culturing techniques, including strict anaerobes would be advantageous
• Ability to follow SOPs and an accurate way of working in the laboratory
• Excellent organisational skills and accurate record keeping, attention to detail