AR VR Design Engineers
My Client is looking to expand their design capability with a motivated individual looking for a challenge. The candidate has the opportunity to join a high-performance R&D team, engaged in designing custom adjustable optics for major global companies.
The Design Engineer will be part of a cross-functional team, responsible for the design, CAD, prototyping and early stage process engineering for the optical elements of 3rd party AR / VR applications. This is a customer facing role and requires excellent communication and presentation skills.
The ideal candidate should have experience of designing precision plastic components, complex mechanisms with electronic actuation and control, and optical components will be a distinct advantage.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Product / Component Concept and Design
• Leadership of problem analysis, ideation, evaluation and appropriate research
• Concept development through to implementation of inventive design solutions
• Detail design with proficient knowledge of appropriate manufacturing processes
• High standard of engineering work, design control, robust design, tolerance stack analysis, design for manufacture, design for assembly, input into DFMEA’s
Design in 3D CAD (primarily Solidworks)
• Use of skeleton model for common reference geometry
• Understanding and creation of complex CAD model set-ups
• Appreciation of minute factors & general sound modelling principles
• Ability to work methodically, consistently & transparently (esp. within CAD)
• Following good practice for drawing and data management systems