Data Visualisation and UI Designer
Data Visualisation and UI Designer: London
My client, based in London, are a truly innovative tech company. They are disruptors in the Football industry, using powerful Data Analytics tools to make a real difference to professional football clubs all over the world.
Founded 5 years ago after a chance meeting at a restaurant between 2 football fanatics, this company has enjoyed tremendous growth and enormous success. The goal of the company was to change the conversation and challenge the status quo in football with the aim of helping football clubs find a better, more sustainable way to progress and succeed.
They have pioneered the use of data analytics in the football industry and in so doing have altered the way clubs are run. In essence, they have developed solutions which allow clubs to make better decisions for the future and achieve a competitive edge.
As true disruptors though, they are not content to rest on their laurels and have branched out into other sectors such as Golf and Music.
It is owing to this continued success and relentless ambition to make a difference that they are looking to expand through hiring a Data Visualisation and UI Designer.
Working on a wide variety of projects, from visual storytelling and communication, through to the user-centred design of digital products and dashboards, your design work will have a tangible and measurable impact on their clients; helping them understand data-driven insights which in turn lead to business-critical decisions as well tracking performance using multiple data sets.
The successful candidate will first and foremost be passionate about technology and will strive to make a difference. This is no job for a ‘run of the mill’ professional. This job will suit a passionate technologist who loves her/his work and wants to work in a team of like-minded individuals. Passion is the number one criterion.
The person sought will have solid experience of working in a customer-facing role, designing beautiful and intuitive user interfaces and telling data-driven stories.
In this role it is important to think strategically, be able to translate complexity into simple and effective designs, and create a consistent visual language across software products and visualisations.
You will need a solid foundation in traditional graphic-design principles, along with skills in user interface and information design.
* Youll be a designer with a high-calibre portfolio that speaks for itself
* Demonstrable years of experience designing user interfaces and visualistions
* Strong Typographic layout skills with a meticulous attention to detail
* A good understanding of user-centered design
* Expert knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch or equivalent tools of the trade.
* Some experience handling data with tools like Excel and Tableau
* A deep understanding of interface design and data visualisation principles.
* Demonstrated ability to rapidly sketch and iterate on design concepts
* Proven track-record of meeting deadlines while handling multiple projects
* A degree in graphic design/visual communication or a related field (or equivalent experience).
* Client-facing experience
* Experience in user research and information architecture
* An interest in Data Science and Machine Learning.
* Experience designing for multiple devices – tablet, mobile, and desktop.
The successful candidate can expect a competitive starting salary commensurate with experience, a benefits package, good holiday allowance and opportunities for continued progression. Moreover, in a culture of creativity and curiosity there will be training opportunities and day-to-day working a fun, modern environment with a flat management structure.
The company also offer flexible working hours and can operate a remote working policy. They also run a company pension scheme, life insurance and are just putting a health scheme in place. There is also an active social calendar for those interested and regular company days/nights out.