Molecular Biology - AAV Scientist
My client is a leading gene engineering company who are pioneering technologies that streamline the biopharmaceutical design, discovery and development process of viral solutions, gene editing solutions and antibody solutions.
As my client intends to further build its expertise over the next 6 months in the viral therapeutics field they are looking to add a molecular biologist to their team who will work across a range of internal and commercial projects, focusing on the generation of molecular constructs for the production of Adeno-associated virus. The role will work closely with the AAV production team and sits within the AAV Vector Group, which addresses both viral vector engineering and novel-bioproduction methodologies.
• BSc/MSc in Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics or related field, with >2 years relevant experience or Ph.D with >1 year relevant experience.
• Practical experience of molecular biology techniques, including ligations, restriction digestion, PCR, DNA sequencing, RT-PCR and ELISA.
• Experience with cell culture is preferred.
• Prior experience in generating complex DNA constructs.
• Ability to independently analyse, interpret and present scientific data in a clear manner.
• Good communication and inter-personal skills.
• Strong ability to multi-task under pressure.
• High-level knowledge of AAV genetics, and gene therapy applications.
• Track record of handling adherent cell lines in multiple formats (multiwell plates, hyperflasks/stacks, cell factories).
• Handling and transfection of suspension cell lines.
• Analytical techniques for genetic characterisation of viral particles