Group Leader – Fermentation
Group Leader – Fermentation- Cambridgeshire
Based in Cambridge, my client is a specialist biopharmaceutical company, focusing on diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of diseases, including infections, autoimmune disorders and cancer.
A fantastic opportunity has been developed for an experienced Group Lead in Fermentation.
This role will contribute to the preclinical development of novel medicines and the successful candidate will be responsible for DOE, in-house fermentation, bacterial characterising and optimising their growth and providing support for upstream/ downstream method development and optimisation.
You will have:
• PhD in Microbiology, Bioprocess Engineering or another relevant subject, with a focus on fermentation and cell harvest or experience in equivalent closely-related discipline
• 5 years post-doctoral industrial experience in a bioprocess development environment utilising fermentation technology
• Experienced in using Design of Experiments (DOE)
• Experienced in optimising biotech processes and methodologies
• Ability to rigorously plan and accurately document research activities
The following personal attributes are essential:
• A high level of leadership and initiative.
• A team worker with willingness to contribute flexibly as required
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the UK
Excellent career opportunities