Analytical Chemist – Chemistry
My Client is a premier R&D service provider supporting the life science industry. Founded in 2003, they have established diverse drug R&D service capabilities, ranging from synthetic, medicinal and analytical chemistry, biology, DMPK, pharmacology, drug safety assessment, radiochemistry and isotopically labelled metabolism, chemical & pharmaceutical development to clinical development, including applications of 14C microtracer AMS technology. With operations in China, US and UK staffed by over 4,500 employees, they have an excellent track record in the delivery of R&D solutions to its partners in North America, Europe, Japan and China.
Due to recent expansion they are currently looking to recruit a Analytical Chemist facility within Chemistry.
You will have a sound basic theoretical understanding of a range of analytical techniques primarily chromatographic and spectroscopic.
After a structured period of training the successful candidates will be required to carry out analyses on a diverse range of chemical compounds, generate and provide first line interpretation of the resulting data and preferably be able to defend the interpretation to senior QC analysts and internal Clients. You will be expected to produce analytical reports compliant with QA systems. You will ensure that the instrumentation under your charge is maintained, operationally available, as far as is reasonably practicable at all times, and that there is an adequate supply of materials to meet QC operational requirements. You will have a can do attitude always looking for ways to support the business outside of your immediate job specification.
• Degree in Chemistry, or relevant experience
• Good theoretical grounding of chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Computer literate
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and as part of a team
• Conscientious and meticulous in laboratory and written work
• Good time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
• Proven ability to problem solve
• Willing to get involved with new ideas and initiatives
• Experience as a practising analyst, particularly with chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques.
• Experience in data evaluation using spreadsheet and statistical tools.
• An appreciation of quality/regulatory standards and quality systems - in particular the relationship of the MHRA with the pharmaceutical industry.
The position is full time and permanent. Hours of work are 37.5 per week Monday – Friday. Annual holiday entitlement is 23 days a year plus Bank Holidays. The company operates a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and a flexible benefits package.