Method Development Chemist
A privately-owned global analytical services business my client is an FDA and MHRA inspected laboratory focused on delivering a high-quality service for industry-leading clients across the pharmaceutical, animal health, medical device and electronic nicotine delivery industries.
As an Analytical Development Scientist, you will have a critical role within the team working on the effective delivery of analytical programmes. You will work in collaboration with industry-leading clients, to understand the complexities of their product, interpret data and provide reliable recommendations.
• Oversee complex analytical programmes of work relating to the analysis and characterisation of pharmaceutical and animal health products as well as Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS).
• To co-ordinate the set-up, execution and closure of analytical projects.
• Act as a primary point of contact for clients, effectively communicating to ensure expectations are fully understood and met.
• Develop and validate analytical methods to ICH guidelines.
• To prepare and review analytical protocols and reports.
• To review, verify and interpret testing data and effectively communicate results to Clients.
• Provide technical support and guidance to analytical teams as required.
• May be responsible for Line Management of analytical teams.
• Graduate of Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry preferred.
• Greater than five years’ laboratory experience, preferably within an industrial setting.
• Experience of method development and validation of analytical methodology is required - LC-UV, LC-MS/MS, GC-FID, GC-MS.
• Analytical chemistry experience working within a regulated environment would be desirable, but not essential.
• Experience of dealing with Clients would be advantageous.
• Experience of generating scientific documents, with emphasis on reports, is essential.
• Experience of product stability would be advantageous.
• Proven project management and leadership skills.
• Capable of working as an individual and team player.
• Good analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
• Confident verbal reasoning skills with colleagues and clients.
• Good IT skills.
• Results driven, customer focused and commercially astute.
Salary is negotiable on experience
Are you looking for your next challenge and advance your career in analytical development? Do you excel at problem solving and love to deliver on client expectations?
Then contact Kieran Whittaker for a confidential discussion on: -
Tel: 0161 923 8174