Quality Control and Analytical Chemistry Manager
My client, based in London, is a global leader in specialist imaging working towards the understanding of disease and translational drug development.
Due to company progression, they are looking for an experienced and time served Analytical manager.
Reporting to the head of clinical chemistry, you will be responsible for leading a multidisciplinary team of 6 specialists with in a GMP facility, in analytical chemistry and microbiology. This position requires an individual to lead by example and demands someone with strong people management, technical expertise and effective communication skills.
• Managing and leading a multidisciplinary team of highly specialist PET analytical chemists, microbiologist and lab technicians, and ensure they are fully trained and competent for their roles
• Managing the daily activities in the QC laboratories for the delivery of PET products to support clinical demands
• Releasing PET radiopharmaceuticals for human use
• Leading analytical method development for implementation of all new PET radiopharmaceuticals for human use
• Overseeing management of Raw Materials entering the manufacture of clinical batches of radiopharmaceuticals
• Overseeing the environmental monitoring program, in conjunction with the microbiologists.
• Identifying and implementing opportunities for continuous improvement in the QC laboratories.
• Ensuring the QC laboratories, equipment and analytical methods are fully functioning and compliant and conform to company standards and the appropriate regulatory standards in the UK
• Minimum BSc. Degree in Analytical Chemistry
• Operational expertise of laboratory equipment
• Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
• Strong people management skills
• Good project management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and to assimilate a working knowledge of areas outside of their core competency.
• QP qualification (desirable)
Salary is negotiable on experience