Patent and Grant Administrator - Oxford- Biotechnology- competitive salary
Based in Oxford my client is a CRO specialising in the discovery, development and production of biologics. Due to a fantastic expansion period, they are looking to take on an experienced Patent and Grant Administrator.
• To enable the company to develop a cost-effective patent portfolio and to maximise opportunities to fund the company’s product and services development road-map via grant funding
• Taking over work initially performed in other areas of the business and liaising extensively with the company’s Research and Development employees and the CFO
• Identification of opportunities for new patent or grant applications
• Drafting and filing applications for grants, patents, trademarks etc.
• Collating and recording cost, labour time and other relevant data
• Prior art searching
• Patent renewal management
• Accurately maintaining databases
• Participation in grant project review meetings and liaison with external grant bodies, third party project collaborators and grant project managers
• Liaison with and instruction to external legal advisors as well liaison with key internal staff
• Ensuring compliance with rules, regulations, guidelines and timetables
• Identification of qualifying R&D expenditure eligible for tax relief
• To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines.
• To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
You will have-
Experience in a similar role dealing with Patent administration
Strong communication and organisational skills
(A qualification in Grant or Patent administration is desirable but not essential)
Salary- competitive salary depending on experience
Fantastic development opportunities